If you are a frequent reader you might be asking yourself …. WHERE ARE YOU JAMIE?
Or you could care less.
Either way I’m gonna give you my excuses for not blogging much lately. You might not even care, but whatever it’s my blog and I can do what I want.
1. It has been Spring Break and I spent lots of time doing nothing with my family. Story had surgery, my in-laws came to visit, and we did just about nothing.
2. We went to Royer’s and spent the evening on the lawn talking to good friends and enjoyed way too much food! If you live in Austin or Houston or anywhere in between and you haven’t been to Round Top for the day, you need to. A fun little trip from Austin where you get great food and great people!
3. I wasn’t sure whether I was gonna talk about this or not, but here goes …. I gave up facebook and twitter for lent. Yeah that has been huge for me. I feel like most of the world is going on without me. I missed daylight savings time and I’m sure I have not wished about 58 of my closest friends “Happy Birthday” by not being on facebook! I have lots to say about this …. another day.
4. Believe it or not, I usually write about 3-4 blogs at a time all while sitting at my local coffee shop on Tuesday’s while all my kids are in school. I haven’t been there in about 4 weeks. That equals not very many blogs coming out of me. I can’t seem to think straight at home. If I sit down to write I always find clothes to be washed or things to be dusted (yeah right, who am I kidding, I don’t dust!) or episodes of The Bachelor to watch! I write better at my local spot with my favorite coffee and breakfast tacos staring me down. Next week I’m back in the saddle!
5. I was in charge of a silent auction. It was last night. Enough said.
6. I got nothing else. I’m out of excuses. I seem to have so much to write about, but it’s not working …..
Next week my friends. Next week I’m back in the saddle!
Until then …. here’s a recent text between me and my brother. I was out and about and he was keeping me informed about the UT game. I think it’s super sweet for a NON Texas longhorn fan to watch the game just to keep me informed! My brother loves me even if he hates UT!