I thought I'd look back through the ole' blog from 2012 and highlight some of the top read posts from here. Maybe you read them, but maybe you missed them. These are in no particular order, but I am going to categorize them so it will help you if you are looking for something particular!
Blogs on Marriage:
- Taking the Time to Notice the Little Things: Aaron had gotten a hair cut and I never even noticed.
- Trying to Out Serve Aaron: Some of the best ways to boost your love for each other is to try and out serve each other. It's hard not to love someone deeply when you are serving them well.
- Granny Panties – oh yes I did talk about my panties on this blog!
Blogs on parenting and/or adoption:
- Keeping Secrets from Mommy: We have a no secret rule in our home. Here's why we do and why it's important.
- Guarding my little boys eyes from magazines: I refuse to allow Victoria's Secret catalogs in my house. I might be overreacting, but I don't think so.
- Adoption Can Change a Grandma's Heart: It's always fun to see the older generation love a child they never thought they could because of their color of skin.
- Transformers Help Amos Feel Connected: Sometimes it's the little things in life that mean a whole lot to children dealing with attachment.
- I am AMOS: One of my most favorite revelations. Sometimes Amos treats me awful, and I continue to lavish my love on him, will never leave him, and will love him no after what. I realized this is the exact love the father has for us. I treat God like Amos treats me and God never abandons his children.
- My New Year's Resolutions for 2012: This is where the “Year of Motherhood” began.
- God be glorified through RRP: A post I wrote before Deacon's 7th surgery for RRP – wish I could take all his bumps away for him.
- Amos is still learning that I love him, no matter what: This could be the theme of our year.
- My Journey to Motherhood and how I used to think that Life Isn't Fair: This is one of my favorite blogs as I talk about how I became a mother over the past 9 years.
- God chose you for this family: One of my most controversial posts. I believe that everything that happens is a part of God's plan. God always knew Amos would be in this family, and not only did he always know, it's his #1 plan for Amos' life and our life. I'm still working on a follow up to this post.
- My need for Control Isn't Working: One of the hardest part in parenting for me is my need for control. Not always the best quality to have when trying to parent a child that also craves control. I will always win, but it's usually at the expense of my child.
- Whatever may pass, let me be singing, bless the lord: Here's a post full of my heart. Fears. Struggles. Hopes. I wrote it while waiting during Deacon's 7th surgery and then after we got THE BEST news of the year!
Blogs about loving God's word:
- Staying in God's word now that I have kids: Parenting adds a whole new level to spending time with God. Here's 3 ways to make this happen.
- Why moms need to know their bible: I have had some great theological discussions with my kids. Knowing these doctrines are important and not only for the dads to know!
Blogs about random things:
- I got the KVET job … one year later: Here I talk about life after working at the radio station
- How married women can serve single women better – by Fabs Harford – this was the most read guest post.
- So you want to foster? – by Becca Harris
- How IT WORKS changed my life – by Traci Dixon
- Our son and sensory processing disorder – by Noelle Otts
- Grief is like an ocean – by Rachel Setliffe
- Raising four girls – by Melissa Navarro
- First Friday's – by Heather Johnson-McCormick
Would love to read your top read blog post from 2012! Leave a comment with a link to your favorite post or top read post!