Tonight I was moved to action by something I read on twitter. Has this happened to you? You read something and it causes your heart to turn or your mind to start thinking about something. Tonight I read about a bake sale and my mouth started watering and I was immediately wanting to bake. You see, what's funny about this is that I'm not a baker. I have baker friends. My friend Laura always drops off baked goods at my house. She's that friend of mine and I love it! My friend Mandi Jo always seems to have just worked something up. As for me, I'm really good at buying baked goods and transferring them to my own container. If you never ask if I bought them you would assume I made them. That works for me!
As I got this hunkering for some muffins Aaron was at the store for pull-ups, which on a side note I swear we are buying these things faster than they can make them. If my kids would stop peeing in their beds at night I would be one happy momma! I mean I'm already happy that we don't buy diapers anymore (thank you Lord!), but I would really love to not buy pull-ups. One day. One day.
Anyhow back to the store. So I texted him to tell him of my craving and that was that. He came home with all the supplies that I would need to bust out some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins tonight. Well, he came home with all the ingredients except for baking soda, which through twitter I found out was a much needed component when backing. Who knew?
So I just whipped together some muffins that I can't wait to try! Heres' the recipe for you:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips – I used a whole cup. I mean if 1/2 cup is good, then 1 whole cup is better!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.