It's 5:17 am. I've been tossing and turning since 3 am, and I've been out of my bed since 4 am reading blogs, searching etsy and pintrest for cute ideas that I'll never be able to live up to. What is wrong with me? I thought I'd get up and start blogging. Here's what's in my head for the past 2 hours.
- Why am I awake? I love sleep. I need sleep.
- My first kid will for sure be up in about 1 hour. I'm doomed for tomorrow.
- What time can I put Story down for a nap so I can nap too.
- I took melatonin about 1.5 hours ago. Hasn't done a thing. I'm praying it doesn't kick in about 6:30.
- What makes someone not be able to sleep? Did I eat something bad? I know what I had tonight was delish and if it makes me not sleep that's just not fair.
- I want to have a soup and sandwich block party. Doesn't that sound fun? Everyone brings sandwich fixin's and some soup to share. I'm working on this one soon.
- I ordered an Advent devotional book to do with the kids and am really hoping I follow through. I have a great track record of really good ideas with bad follow through.
- Aaron has grunted for me to come back to bed about 4 times. He keeps asking me what's wrong and then going right back to sleep!
- I got asked to write an article for a magazine. To say I'm nervous and feeling overwhelmed and underqualified is a huge understatement.
- Not one of my kids has come into my room tonight and yet I can't sleep. Isn't it ironic … don't you think? (now you have that song stuck in your head too!)
- My baby is FOUR now. My oldest is about to be EIGHT. Without sounding to cliché I am thinking … where did the time go?
- I'm so stinking proud of my husband.
- Tomorrow, well actually tonight now, is date night. Double date night. Gotta love that.
- How the heck am I going to read 7 books by Feb? I'm a one-book-a-month type of girl. Is this possible?
- My kids asked me tonight if I was going to have a baby in my belly? Have they lost their ever-loving-minds? How is it that they don't sense the we-have-enough-kids-in-our-family vibe that Aaron and I feel each day?!?!?!
- When is it truly appropriate to put hyphens between each word? I clearly like to.
- Why don't I work out more? My weight is showing the fact that I have neglected my body. Why do I do this?
- Thinking about Christmas gifts for my kids. What do they need? What do they want? What is appropriate and what is overboard? Want to show them love through gifts, but not have them expect to feel loved through gifts.
- My kids are getting older, so how can we serve together as a family in our city? How can we be intentional about giving as a family?
- I wonder what Aaron is dreaming about. Let's be honest, probably me!
Here's Amos from his school musical. Try not to look at this with kids in the room. I swear the girl on the right looks like she is possessed. That image will keep you up at night.
Okay it's 5:30. I'm going back to bed to try this sleep thing again.
ugh. I want to sleep!