Today's Happy Hour Guest is with my friend Courtney Lankford. Courtney and I met through our mutual friend Amy about 14 years ago. Courtney and her husband, Joey, moved to South Africa four years ago.
They currently serve there with Living Hope, where Joey helps them with creating jobs for men and women. They also run an agricultural business which helps create income and businesses for others. As you can see the whole family likes to get involved with cleaning and packaging the vegetables!
Courtney talks about their greenhouse tunnels where they grow vegetables, and here's a picture so you have a better idea of what she's talking about.
She is honest about the hardest part about being in South Africa is them being away from their family and friends, although the blessing in this all is that God has honored their sacrifice and they really feel closer to their family.
Courtney and Joey have five kids, and one of their kids joined their family via adoption from Ethiopia.
Her husband Joey has just recently released his first book and they are graciously giving away ten to you guys. I'll pick five winners. You'll get a book to keep and a book to gift to someone. What a great gift for a friend! All I need you to do is comment below. 🙂
Also … there is a noise in the background that cracks me up because it sounds like Courtney is in a jungle. Maybe she was? I have no idea!
- The organization that Joey and Courtney are there with: Living Hope
- Documentary called LIVING HOPE that talks about their ministry
- Joey's book: Fulfilled
- Courtney just finished SCREWTAPE LETTERS & GOD GIRL – can you believe that I have never read Screwtape Letters? I need to fix that ASAP.
- I mentioned the book ENOUGH to her that I read this Summer. The author, Kate Conner, will be joining me on the podcast in October. I'm so excited about that one!
How to keep up with Courtney:
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast. I'd love it if you shared with your friends. When you tweet, Facebook, or instagram please use the hashtag #happyhourpodcast – I love hearing your feedback on social media. Also show Courtney some love and send her a message somewhere.
How to listen to the podcasts:
- Listen to this episode right HERE on the blog.
- Subscribe via iTunes and every time there's a new episode released it automatically arrives to your device. This is my favorite. How fun to check in and see a new episode! I've shared other podcasts I subscribe to HERE.
- Subscribe via Stitcher and again each time you open your app the new one is just there – like magic!
Leave a comment about anything to be entered into the drawing for these books. One for you to keep and one for you to gift, because giving away things is just so much fun!