Tonight for dinner we had great conversations. It was just the boys and myself over spaghetti and I love when they just talk about random stuff. Here were a few of our conversations:
- When I grow up I want to ride on a space ship. – Cayden
- Cayden and Deacon developed a plan for their own band. Deacon on drums, Cayden playing guitar like Jimmie (bobbing head and shouting “yeah baby”) and Amos playing piano like daddy and singing. I asked about Story and Cayden looked at me like I was crazy. Of course she is too little. She will just sit and watch!
- Stupid is not a nice word. Earlier in the day Cayden looked at Carson and called him a “stupid dog”. Oh I hope I have not said this before. I don't recall saying it even though I have surely thought those words many times!
- I can't stop my tooties. – Deacon
- Cayden was so confused as to where the meatballs were in his spaghetti. I have never made meatballs before. He has been over at the Shingleton's too many times, since Shawnah makes home made ones. 🙂
- They both want to play basketball when they grow up and have no sleeves and tattoos. I was watching the UCLA game before dinner and apparently they noticed the uniforms with no sleeves and every player sporting a tattoo on his arm! I firmly told them not until they are 18 in this house!
- God made everyone with different hair and different color. Some have curly, some have long girl hair, some have short hair. I want long hair (pointing to some over his eyes) like Jimmie so I can play the guitar. – Cayden
I love random conversations with a four year old and two year old. Amos and Story we're ready for your input here too!